In the first article on Good Search Engine Optimization vs Bad Search Engine Optimization, (and there is a lot of bad SEO services out there) we discussed blog commenting and the importance of commenting for generating quality backlinks. Today I want to touch on basic technical factors important for proper website crawling and ranking of your website.
In order to move up the search engine results pages certain technical aspects of your website must conform to search engines crawl requirements. Without the ability for the search engines to properly crawl and index your pages your website can never index and rank high on the SERP’s.
These On-Site enhancements include:
- Meta Titles
- Meta Descriptions
- Page Elements: H1, H2, Bold/Italic Enhancement
- Image Alt Tag Optimization
- File Name and Directory Analysis & Development
- Content Architecture and Sculpting
- Keyword Density and Page Assignments
- Site Map Optimization and Analysis
- Robots.txt/Canonical Link/No ODP/YDIR tag Insertion
- Google Webmaster Tools Analysis
- 301 Redirects
- Site Performance and Speed
- GZip Compression & HTTP Headers Improvement
- Google Webmaster Tools Meta Tag Errors Repairs
- Bing Web Master Tools Analysis
- Site Footer Enhancement and Optimization
- Structured Interlinking throughout the website
- Source Code Structure Analysis (CSS/JS/HTML)
These Onsite enhancements are the building blocks that will dramatically improve your websites overall search engine crawl rates and rankings.
A quality SEO marketing firm providing Good SEO should be able to complete the majority of these onsite factors although many do not. It seems that more and more less inexperienced SEO companies are focusing strictly on Off-Site SEO, ignoring the foundation of a properly optimized website.
You can visit our main site Organic Marketing Services for a Free Website Report and see where your site ranks.